Enjoy Argentina Travel
INTRODUCTION to ARGENTINA
Iguazu National Park
Foz De Iguazu
Road of Big Lakes
Road of the History
The Road of The
Road of Mar Chiquita
Road To Traslasierra
Zone of the Centre
The Wine Trail
Circuit of the
TRAVEL & TOURS
Lake Perito Moreno
Villa La Angostura
Tierra del Fuego
SAN MARTIN DE LOS
ANDES and the CROSS
of the LAKES
Junin de los Andes
Lanin National Park
|Call our TOLL FREE number: USA: 1-800-790-2961
Local Line: Spain - Barcelona: 0034-931846831 UK - London: 44-203-393-8867
Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 09:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Headquarters (located in Lima - Peru) Time Zone: GMT -5 hours
The Town Hall was instituted in 1934, being appointed as its first Mayor the engineer Jorge Copello. On December 6 in 1969 the Villa La Falda became formally nominated as City.
La Falda offers different alternatives for tourist or cultural activities throughout the year, as the 'Fiesta del Alfajor' during the first fortnight of October or the 'Fiesta Nacional del Tango'.
Walks - Tours
Reloj Cucu - Clock Created by a watchmaker from La Falda, it is positioned at the corner of the Patria and San Martín Avenues.
Capilla del Sagrado Corazón - Chapel
It was the first one to be erected in La Falda. It was entirely built in stone during the first years of the century over the Edén Avenue.
Capilla de Santa Bárbara - Chapel
This Chapel was built by the Jesuits over the Pampa de Olaén during the 18th century.
Cerro El Cuadrado - Mountain
It can be found at the end of the Edén Avenue. Along its ascent (in the direction to Salsipuedes and the Ceballlos River), can be reached the 'Balcón de las Nubes' (Balcony of the Clouds), where sights from the City and the Punilla Valley can be grabbed.
Estancia El Cuadrado - Ranch
It is situated at 6 kilometres from La Falda, by the road to El Cuadrado. It offers guided horse rides, trekking and adventure.
Iglesia del Santísimo Sacramento - Church
This is a beautiful Church of red walls and an impressive belfry. Due to its location at the top of a hill, it can be spotted from any point of the City. The foundation stone of the Temple was placed on April 22nd of 1945. It is located at the corner of the Patria Avenue and Rivadavia facing a square. It was erected at the topmost area of La Falda and inaugurated on December the 8th in the year of 1948. It has an Italian Romantic style.
On August 19th in 1897, the day when Roberto Bahlcke and Teodoro Flandín put their signatures on the purchase document of the La Falda Ranch, the project for the construction of a European styled hotel, which would be later known as Hotel Edén, was started.
From that moment on, the place experienced a great development concerning lodging facilities, a fact that enabled this institution to become one of the preferred destinations in which to spend holidays and vacations.
Its rooms hosted a number of famous characters as Albert Einstein, Rubén Darío, the presidents of Argentina Julio Roca and Jose Figueroa Alcorta and the Prince of Wales. Its facilities comprised golf fields, a swimming pool and at its surroundings gentlemen could practise fox hunting.
The Edén hotel was actually the starting point of La Falda as a city devoted to tourism, due to its important facilities and its hotel-ranch spirit; it rapidly became the chief model for all lodging facilities in the Country around those times. It was declared as Historical Municipal Monument and transformed into a museum in the year of 1988.
The museum offers guided visits with twenty minutes duration. There is a permanent photographic exhibition comprising pictures from old times. There are also a bar, a coffee shop and stands in which to buy handcrafts. A music school also functions in here and it usually brings out their performances to the public.
Inside the lot also functions a ridding school which services can be hired to make some special horse rides.
Visits: During the low seasons, the guided visits will only go out on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm and between 3:00 and 6:00 pm.
During summer season, Easter holidays and throughout all the month of July, the departing schedules for the tours are: from 10:30 am to noon time (last guided visit) and from 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
The Hotel-Museum is situated at the end of the Edén Avenue.
Laguna de los Patos - the Lagoon of the Ducks
Located close by to the old watering trough for horses of the Edén Hotel, it is nowadays an obliged visit within the ancient hotel.
Molinos de Oro It is located at the San Luis Street (road of the Molino de Oro).
Gruta de San Antonio - Cave
According to the legends, treasures of immeasurable price that were abandoned by the Jesuits lay buried in this place
Dique La Falda - Reservoir
This Reservoir, whose construction was ended in 1979, has a dam wall 26 metres high and a length of 126 metres. It contains eight hundred thousand cubic metres of water. Non-motored nautical sports can be performed.
Dique La Isla - Reservoir
This water mirror, measuring 15 hectares, is situated at the west of the City of La Falda. It is an attractive recreation resort where non-engine nautical sports can be performed. It was inaugurated in the year of 1979.
The wall of the dam has a length of 126 metres and contains 800 thousand cubic metres of water. At its vicinity are located the 'El Dique' tourist compound and the 'Siete Cascadas' beach resort, which are only two examples among the many other alternatives in order to enjoy a refreshing summer season.
This resort is located at 4.5 kilometres from the centre of the City. It deserves its name from the seven artificial cascades which were created taking advantage from the difference of levels of the reservoir, making use of the waterfall over the course of the Rio Grande de Punilla River. Its facilities comprise natural swimming pools, barbecue grills, bathrooms, parking lot, safeguards, telephones, entertainment facilities and others.
The Siete Cascadas can be accessed from Route 38, turning at the Italia Avenue and continuing along this road through all of its length. At this point, the visitor must cross over the dam wall over the San Francisco River.
Zoos - Natural Reserves - Farms
An animal preserve. Casa Grande
Telephone number: (0351) 156- 470381
Estancia La Campiña - Ranch
Located at 7 kilometres from the La Falda City by the El Cuadrado road; it is a farm specialised in the breeding of iguanas and rabbits, as well as of dog species as setters and retrievers. It has a coffee shop. Guided visits.
Telephone numbers: (0351) 156-148352 and 156-567466.
Museo del Deporte "Pierre de Coubertin" - Sports Museum
This is the first museum in Argentina of both national and international sports. It is located at 32 Meincke Street (former Uruguay Street). It can be reached through the Edén Avenue up to number 100, and then turning left for some 20 metres.
This collection, brought together by the professor Alberto Moro, has the support of the Olympic Committee of Argentina (COA).
It is a private collection, whose goals are to be of help to the interests of athletes, teachers, trainers, students and scholars related to sports or humanities, but primarily to all the community in order of helping them to discover the most amazing aspects of the contemporary sports.
Other complimentary services: Library, photocopies, souvenirs (cards and posters) books for sale, etc.
Museo Arqueológico Argentino Ambato - Museum
It can be reached from the Edén Avenue, taking the left roadway that opens from the rear side of the fountain of Villa Edén. This Museum is located at 1469 Cuesta del Lago Street and contains objects from the stone age as percussion drums, hand made axes, scratching tools and arrow heads, all of which belong to the pre-ceramic period (between 12000 and 1200 BC).
In other rooms can be seen manifestations from the La Aguada culture (650 to 900 A.D.) as well as exhibits of the periods of Ampayango, Totoral, Ayampitín , the cultures of Tafí, Condor Huasi, Vaquerías, Alamite, Candelaria and Ciénaga, and the communities of La Aguada (Ambato phase), La Aguada, San José and Sunchituyoc.
From the late period can be observed pieces from the Belén, Santa María, Yocavil, Humahuaca and Averis cultures and some with an influence from the Incas. The exposition is completed with objects from the Hispanic-Indigene, Colonial and Ethnographic periods.
The outer areas of the Museum are also part of the exhibition, with the presence of some attractive elements.
Visits: it opens its doors to the public every day of the year between 9:30 am and 1:00 pm and between 3:00 and 8:30 pm. Visits from larger groups of students can be previously required.
ISO 9001 : 2000|
Tourist Operation Management|
Electronic Air Tickets Distribution
|OUR TRAVEL AND TOURISM SITES|
IN LATIN AMERICA
Travel & Tours
Travel & Tours
|ECUADOR & GALAPAGOS|
Travel & Tours
Travel & Tours
Travel & Tours
Travel & Tours
Travel & Tours
Operated by Latin America Travel & Tours
Av. Pte. Roque Saenz Peña 615 4º Of. 416 - Buenos Aires - Argentina
TOLL FREE number: USA: 1-800-790-2961
Terms and Conditions | Contact Webmasters | Site Map
Argentina Link Directory
Last Update: © ENJOY CORPORATION S.A. All Rights Reserved.